If you can’t sign in into the account follow the below steps to recover the google account as and when required. The Google account recovery process depends on a number of factors, such as Be in the location you usually sign in from like home or work. Ensure the password and the answer to the security questions is exact. If you don’t remember the last password, try the most recent previous password that you remember. Add helpful details to recover your email id. A recovery email address helps you get back where we send you security notifications. An alternate email address helps you to sign in. A contact email address is where you get information about the google services you are using. These helpful details are, you’re traveling somewhere.
- Go to the account recovery page.
- Use a familiar device to sign in.
- Use the same browser to sign in that you usually do.
- If you can’t recall the previous password very confidently please try and take the best guess.
- If you are asked the security questions, and you don’t remember the answers please take the best guess.
You may know the answer to the security question. However you are not able to recover the same in the first try so please try a different variation.
- Find out when you created the google account.
- Look for the sign in email, if you get the sign up email you can search for the welcome message by Google.
- If you use the gmail ask your friends and family when they got the first email from your account.
- Think about important email and purchases. Events like graduation etc.
- Look for a new device details, whenever you had purchased one.
- If you can’t find out the date take the best guess.
- Please enter the email connected to your account.
- You get a specific error message.
- You think your account gets compromised because of malware or any other reason.
- You changed your password last week and cannot remember it now.
- If after all these steps also you cannot sign in into your account please create a new google account as a replacement account.
Steps to recover a Google account:
Recovery email address and Recovery phone number play a key role in recovering the Google account. If you don’t remember either you can also recover the google account from the recently accessed web browser.
A Google account is used for many activities such as emailing and storing photos and personal information in Google docs. It is extremely frustrating if the account is hacked or gets blocked due to suspicious activities. The below steps are a helpful tool for you to recover your Google account.
- Follow the below steps to recover google account.
- You will be asked some questions to confirm and recover your account.
- If you succeed in recovering your account create a secure password.
- Recover your google account without data backup.
- You can recover the account from Google account recovery page.
- Recover Google account details for administrator from the Google account recovery page.
- Open the account recovery page in the web browser.
- Type the email address or account recovery phone number used for signing in.
- Now recall the previous password, then click next.
- To receive the verification code for your google account please try text messages or get a call this way you will get a code by both ways. Enter the verification code in the space provided and confirm.
- Now create a new password which is stronger.
- Another way to recover your password is through the recovery email.
Enter your recovery email so that you can get the verification code and then set a new password by entering the verification code in the space provided. Please click on confirm in this step.
- Once you click confirm you will be able to set a new password.
- You may forget account details and fail to prove ownership.
- You may fail to answer the recovery question.
- Please make an attempt to answer as many as possible accurately.
- The other issue is that the verification code got expired.
- It is always advisable that you note down the password.
- Ensure that your contacts are actually deleted.
- Create a backup copy of your entire address book
- Please import and export data
- Sync the gmail to your smart phone
- Open the app that you use to manage your contacts.
- Check whether all contacts are displayed.
- How to reset Google Password:
One of the simple steps to recover google account, or gaining back is to make an attempt to reset the
- password. Resetting a password is the key to recover the Google account. Changing your passwords on a
- regular basis is good idea to key your google account updated.
- Resetting passwords keeps the google account in sync there is no loss of data.
- Open the Google account you need to sign in.
- Under the security, select sign in option and Google.
- Choose password you might need to sign in again.
- Enter new password and now select change password option.
- Follow the steps below you might need to reset the password.
- Please answer few questions, to get a verification email for confirming your account and resetting the password.
- Check your spam and bulk mail folder
- Add [email protected] to your address book
- Please choose a password that you have not used already.
- If you have trouble resetting your password, and you can’t sign in to your account.
- You can change your Google password in few minutes.
- In case you have forgotten your google password, have a step by step verification process
- The step by step instruction is available online.
- It is a good idea to change your google password every few months.
- The two step verification process is for changing the password or recovering the password.
- First go to your Google account and find the account on mygoogleaccount.com.
- On the left hand side corner of the page click on the option called security.
- Then on the signing in page in Google you will see a tab that says password.
- This tab provides you information on the last password you changed.
- Click on the password.
- You will be prompted to enter the current password, once you enter the current password you will be taken to a new screen.
- You will now enter a new password and then reenter to confirm the same.
Always note that if you change your password you should be able to reenter the password and change it or update the password in other domains too.
- Make a note of the new password so that you do not forget the password.
- Perhaps you have a new laptop or I Pad you don’t remember the password or Google.
- You can follow the below steps to recover it.
- First go to the web address of account recovery, which is account. Google/ recovery/Signin page.
- Once you are there you will be prompted about the email address you would like to recover.
- Now enter the last password you remembered for the google account you want to recover.
- Next you will reach a screen titled account recovery, here you will request for a verification code on the cell phone or another email.
- You can also answer different security questions to ensure that your Google account is verified.
Recover Google Account Password without a Phone:
- Go to the account recovery page of Google.
- Enter your email address and click on continue.
- If you are asked to enter the last password you remember click I don’t know my password.
- Now click verify your identity which is located in other options.
- You will be asked a series of questions for security reasons, this information should be answered in an accurate manner. Once your information is answered in an accurate manner. You will be able to recover your google account password.
- If you do not remember your phone number associated with the account when it was created. You can request for a verification code on the recovery email.
- Please go to the account recovery page.
- Enter your email address associated with the account
- Click on submit and follow the on screen instructions to recover the google account password.
- Sign in to your gmail account with the username and password.
- On the verification code challenge page, Click on more options.
- Click on get help request, and Google help.
- You then need to fill a google account recovery form, to verify and reauthorize your account.
- Click on gmail address the option of I don’t know my password and then click on continue.
- Enter your recovery email address
- The verification code will be mailed on that.
- Answer the security questions accurately.
- Once you answer the security questions
- Your identity can be verified.
If there is no security question or recovery email id with a recovery phone number you can find your username in case you have recently used the same in the web browser.
- Verify your identity allows you to manually recover your password without a phone number.
- Google 2 step verification process:
- Go to your Google account.
- On the left navigation panel please click on security.
- On the signing in into Google panel click on the two step verification process.
- Click get started and then follow the on screen instructions.
- Understand the two step verification process
- Fix everything with two step verification authentication.
- Ensure you can always access your account.
- Google authenticator
- Security Blanket
- Go to the web browser
- Open Gmail
- Enter email id and password then click on next.
- Now you will come to the main page of Google.
- Now go to google menu in the top right hand side of the screen.
- Please access the two step process page click on get started button.
- Sign in to your Google account
- Once you login you will be allowed to set the second sign in as your phone number.
- As so as you click the button.
- Whenever you sign in you will enter the password as usual.
- A verification code will be sent via text voice and call or our mobile app.
- If you have a security key you can enter the key into the USB port.
The other option is keep your sign in simple. You can remove the 2 step verification process from a particular computer. Then the gmail account or the google account will request only for your password.
- The two step verification process has the following elements or features that it offers the people.
- You can get a verification code via SMS, you standard SMS rates will apply.
- Google can call your cell phone and landline phone with a verification code.
- The Google authenticator app can generate codes for IPAD, Android, and IPhone, or Blackberry can generate verification codes, this app works when the phone has no data connectivity.
- Instead of using verification codes, you can use a security key via the USB port so that you can perform the more protected action for your system.
- Always enter backup phone numbers so that Google has an alternative to send you verification codes on your backup number if your main number is unavailable.
- You can download one time use backup codes to unlock your Google account, this is applicable when you are traveling somewhere.
You can choose not to use the two step verification process in your designated computer. However if you sign in in a new computer or system you will be able to choose the security question or the two step verification process.
- Setup the two step verification process.
- Choose a second verification step
- Phone prompt, text message, call or the security key.
- Phone prompt sends you a confirmation message that it is you who is signing into the account instead of someone else. This is faster than entering verification code.
- The 6 digit verification code can be entered to prove that it is you who is entering the code.
- You can get your code via text message.
- Go to google account.
- Tap security
- On the sign in page click on the two step verification process.
- Backup codes, authenticator apps, backup phones.