Before a wisdom tooth extraction treatment, when the dental piece is extracted and the tooth is placed, the waiting time between extraction and implant placement can vary between 2 to 6 months. But there is another option in which the wisdom tooth extraction can be placed at the time the dental extraction is performed.
This technique is called immediate wisdom tooth extractions. It consists of placing the dental crowns immediately after performing one or more dental extractions. With this technique we take advantage of the space left by the extracted tooth to place the implant, thus reducing the waiting time, medication and the number of surgeries compared to conventional implants.
Facts about placing dental crown again:
The fact of placing the dental crown after performing the extraction or waiting a few months will depend on the criteria of the implantology specialist and the technique that decides that it is the best for each case. Before performing the surgery, it is important to have made a good diagnosis, to determine which treatment plan we will follow.
Performing a careful surgical technique and a good prosthetic treatment, we will obtain a favorable prognosis in the treatment, increasing the success of the implants. On the other hand, the evolution and maintenance of the results of dental crown at best dentist success also depend on the hygiene maintained by the patient and who regularly go to clinical controls.
Advantages of post fixing the dental crowns again:
- Reduce the number of surgical acts.
- Preserve the extraction socket.
- It is a simple and comfortable technique for the patient.
- A single surgery at best dentist to perform tooth extraction and place the implant.
- It reduces healing time.
- Little traumatic surgery.
- There is less bone resorption of the residual socket, we reduce bone loss post-extraction.
- It reduces the time of the whole treatment.
Disadvantages of immediate removal of dental crowns:
When the socket has a diameter larger than the wisdom tooth extraction, you need to use guided bone regeneration techniques or membranes in tissue bone regeneration. Need and difficulty of achieving a primary closure in some extraction. Greater difficulty in achieving the primary stability of the wisdom tooth extraction.
When does removal of dental crown require?
The tooth is extracted because it has suffered trauma. When there is an endodontic lesion or a fracture of the tooth root. It is also required when there is agenesis of the permanent teeth and the temporary tooth is extracted Unit dental crowning is also necessary. The comeback will have healthy dental arches, but with a reduced residual socket.
Replacement of the entire mouth will make the overall mouth restore and decayed teeth extractions can be done before placing the dental crowns with glue. Severe apical root resorption will get reduce and can give you a perfect outlook.
When is the placement of immediate placement of dental crown contraindicated?
Possible infections if the crown is improperly fixed:
- If there is not enough remaining bone to place the crown.
- Active cystic process happens. If there are periodontal problems.
- You should be aware of what type of material is being used in the making of a dental crown. As it should have a long-lasting and great quality for resisting different forces and load when you bite hard food items. Often, low-quality food material will break the dental crowns and produce cracks in it. This can also lead to the production of various infections.
- You should also be aware of choosing the right type of toothpaste. As not all toothpaste support in proper cleaning of dental crowns. You should go through all the ingredients before using the toothpaste. Much chemical substance present in the toothpaste is harmful to the teeth.
Precautions to be taken once the crown is fixed again:
Post extraction of wisdom tooth, the treatment that patients ask after paying tooth crown cost, lot so long as they don’t look so toothless, but for the treatment to be 100% successful, it is important that the patient eliminate certain habits from their daily lives that can harm the stability of wisdom tooth extractions; for example:
Tobacco, smoking delays osseointegration and hinders wound healing. Alcohol consumption impairs wound healing. Periodontitis, it is necessary to have the mouth in optimal health conditions so that they do not interfere with the stability of the implants.