Surya Namaskar means welcoming the sun with gratitude and appreciation. And this is something that our ancestors have been doing for years. But yes, for them, it was for a different purpose and with a distinct perspective. However, when you practice yoga, you perform Surya Namaskar with various other goals. And most of these are to avail the different benefits of it listed below:
Improves flexibility and balance of your body
- Yoga is one such activity that increases the stability and flexibility of your body. So when you are trying the different Asanas of yoga like Surya Namaskar, you balance your body in various positions independently. This also increases your stamina in the long run.
Enhances your concentration power
- You would have heard about mindful yoga. This is an activity that aids in improving your concentration power. So, when you practise Surya Namaskar, you are dedicated to keeping yourself balanced at a certain position. This means that you are concentrating upon each and every action of your body and even a certain factor of nature. This not only increases your concentration power but even helps rising stress and increase your memory.
Improves your blood circulation
- The proper and consistent blood circulation of your body depends on the right working of your body parts and a calm mind. You attain both of these factors when you practise the different types of Surya Namaskar. This proper circulation of blood also keeps your pressure under control and in turn, you stay healthy and fitter.
Tones the body parts
- with Surya Namaskar, you must stay in different positions for some seconds. And when you do so, you are actually working out which automatically tones your thighs, tummy, legs, hands, shoulders and other body parts.
Helps get rid of stress and depression
- Surya namaskar asanas also include practising mindful meditation. Because of this, you tend to relax and calm while performing these actions. In turn, you forget the depressing events of your life and even combat the stress creating hormones in your body. Experts say, after this action, you even get a rejuvenated feeling that automatically makes you emotionally stronger to deal with these psychological issues.
Helps in losing weight
- You might have tried any number of ways to reduce your weight. But have you tried surya namaskar yet? Well, if not, then you should do it now. It is because of the various positions that you take during the asanas, you put stress on your body and in turn, reduce extra fats from your body.
If we describe it precisely, suryanamaskar has answers to almost all your problems in a very subtle and practical way. You just perform some actions and make some efforts in special ways that automatically benefit your body. With no side effects listed so far, it is one of the most trusted fitness open secrets that you should follow.